As an Electrical Drafter/Designer you will produce detailed designs of utility overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. Work includes the preparation of job base maps, development of trench and conduit plans, cable and connection details, and bill of materials. The Electrical Drafter/Designers prepare construction drawings, and design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, industry and client standards related to assigned work.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Work with design team to assist/prepare documentation related to overhead and underground distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Apply the client’s standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Prepare design sketches and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Perform distribution system design calculations.
- Acquire field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design.
- Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or completion of related technical trade school courses, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Electric Utility Design preferred.
- 5+ years minimum related industry experience.
- Specific experience in utility under-grounding programs is desired.
- Experience with AutoCAD is required, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation experience is a plus.