ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Design, selection and implementation of low voltage power systems used in the operation of natural gas facilities and stations.
- Review, recommend and evaluate the design, installation, and operations of low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, and power controls systems/stations to insure compliance with NEC requirements, while evaluating them for the optimization of efficient, safe and economical operation.
- Plan and coordinate detailed phases of engineering work while supporting the department and Project Manager with delivery.
- Effectively interface and integrate with other Company departments including Project Management and Engineering.
- Interface with other technical/engineering disciplines to ensure the effective integration of electrical systems with the overall product design.
- Assist with the commissioning and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems.
- Accountable for completing tasks with quality, compliance with applicable codes/standards, and on schedule.
- Represent the Company in area of expertise with customers, construction personnel, and suppliers. • Create low voltage wiring schematics and associated Bill of Materials for wiring, cables, and controls. • Perform hazardous area analysis, conduit routing, conduit and cable schedules.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- This position requires a minimum of 8 years’ experience with natural gas station projects from an electrical/instrumentation engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of P&ID’s.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is highly preferred (California).
- Working knowledge of electrical codes and standards such as IEC, ISA, NEC, IEEE etc. • Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.